18/06/2010

Maggie the baby magpie

sadly Maggie passed away yesterday, she was full of beans on wednesday, cherping was stronger and loader she was constantly looking for food whenever she heard a noise but yesterday morning she didn't have the energy to lift her head we desperately tried to get food and water into her and she took a little but her breathing got slower and slower and she died yesterday afternoon

3 comments:

Dazie said...

I am so sorry to hear this ((HUGS))
Dazie
x

Zoechaos said...

Very Sad but you did an amazing job with her, just was not meant to be.

Cath Wilson said...

Oh, that is SO sad. I'm really sorry - bet you were really upset. I know I would have been. I'm bad enough when a sparrowhawk tries to attack my babies and have rescued the odd few blackbird and collared dove - not all were success stories, though. Nature's cruel at times. You did a fab job, though - well done for trying!